- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
To the Editor: The not-so-mighty Governor Quinn
Here we are, and it’s the gubernatorial race of Illinois again! But voting for Governor Pat Quinn wouldn’t be wise. Because he hasn’t single-handedly balanced the books. And guess who Governor Quinn blames for our state indebtedness? His predecessor, Rod Blagojevich! And this not-so-mighty Governor Quinn thinks that he could be elected again! But “fool me once, shame on you, and fool me twice, shame on me” or the taxpayers. Also, whenever our state prisons have become overfilled, capital punishment needs to prevail. Let’s get rid of the excess baggage by getting rid of the worst offenders (the murderers, etc.). As they said in the old Wild West, “Get a cheap piece of $2 rope and then (maybe) hang them all.”
But without “an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth,” we shall not survive. Because there’s a revolving door system that needs to be addressed (ASAP) as soon as possible.
Philip J. Wilson
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue