Group plans rally for concerned District 205 residents prior to Nov. 9 Board of Education meeting
From staff reports
Members of Watchdogs for Ethics in Education (WEE), a local grassroots organization, are planning a Tuesday, Nov. 9, rally for concerned Rockford Public School District 205 residents.
The rally will begin at 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 9, at the District 205 Administration Building, 201 S. Madison St., Rockford. Attendees are invited to bring their own signs, although signs will be provided to those interested.
The Rockford Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m., Nov. 9, in room 202 of the Administration Building.
WEE’s press release promoting the rally states the following:
Are you aware our Public School System spends…
• $5 million on Central Office Administration…up 44 percent from 2007
• over $33,000 at Giovanni’s for Administrators’ Book Club
• $75,000 on quarterly newsletters (Context) sent to 95,000 homes
• $210,000 yearly for our superintendent’s salary and she rarely spends five days per week in her office
• $97,500 to send 15 administrators to Harvard for a week-long workshop.
Click here to read a guest column by WEE members Jane Hayes and Mary Jo Powers that appeared in the Nov. 3-9, 2010, issue of The Rock River Times.
Print This Article