- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Art made out of paper is newest Rockford College art gallery exhibit
From press release
Artist Melissa Jay Craig will exhibit her unique art made from paper at Rockford College’s Art Gallery from Nov. 12-Dec. 12.
Craig uses paper from fibers she processes and sometimes harvests herself. She says she chooses handmade paper specifically for its environmental impact, versatility, variety and perceived fragility. Her work explores the variety of ways we all gather knowledge in our lives, whether from text, images, sounds or any combination of the senses.
A reception for Craig will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 12, in the gallery. The reception and exhibition are free and open to the public.
Art gallery hours are Tuesday, 2-6 p.m.; Wednesday, 3-6 p.m.; Thursday, noon-3 p.m.; Friday, 3-6 p.m.; and Saturday, 3-6 p.m. The gallery is closed Sundays and Mondays.
For a complete schedule of Rockford College Art Gallery exhibits, see www.rockford.edu/?page=ArtGallery. For more information, call (815) 226-4100.
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue