- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Art made out of paper is newest Rockford College art gallery exhibit
From press release
Artist Melissa Jay Craig will exhibit her unique art made from paper at Rockford College’s Art Gallery from Nov. 12-Dec. 12.
Craig uses paper from fibers she processes and sometimes harvests herself. She says she chooses handmade paper specifically for its environmental impact, versatility, variety and perceived fragility. Her work explores the variety of ways we all gather knowledge in our lives, whether from text, images, sounds or any combination of the senses.
A reception for Craig will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 12, in the gallery. The reception and exhibition are free and open to the public.
Art gallery hours are Tuesday, 2-6 p.m.; Wednesday, 3-6 p.m.; Thursday, noon-3 p.m.; Friday, 3-6 p.m.; and Saturday, 3-6 p.m. The gallery is closed Sundays and Mondays.
For a complete schedule of Rockford College Art Gallery exhibits, see www.rockford.edu/?page=ArtGallery. For more information, call (815) 226-4100.
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue