- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Art made out of paper is newest Rockford College art gallery exhibit
From press release
Artist Melissa Jay Craig will exhibit her unique art made from paper at Rockford College’s Art Gallery from Nov. 12-Dec. 12.
Craig uses paper from fibers she processes and sometimes harvests herself. She says she chooses handmade paper specifically for its environmental impact, versatility, variety and perceived fragility. Her work explores the variety of ways we all gather knowledge in our lives, whether from text, images, sounds or any combination of the senses.
A reception for Craig will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 12, in the gallery. The reception and exhibition are free and open to the public.
Art gallery hours are Tuesday, 2-6 p.m.; Wednesday, 3-6 p.m.; Thursday, noon-3 p.m.; Friday, 3-6 p.m.; and Saturday, 3-6 p.m. The gallery is closed Sundays and Mondays.
For a complete schedule of Rockford College Art Gallery exhibits, see www.rockford.edu/?page=ArtGallery. For more information, call (815) 226-4100.
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue