- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Art made out of paper is newest Rockford College art gallery exhibit
From press release
Artist Melissa Jay Craig will exhibit her unique art made from paper at Rockford College’s Art Gallery from Nov. 12-Dec. 12.
Craig uses paper from fibers she processes and sometimes harvests herself. She says she chooses handmade paper specifically for its environmental impact, versatility, variety and perceived fragility. Her work explores the variety of ways we all gather knowledge in our lives, whether from text, images, sounds or any combination of the senses.
A reception for Craig will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 12, in the gallery. The reception and exhibition are free and open to the public.
Art gallery hours are Tuesday, 2-6 p.m.; Wednesday, 3-6 p.m.; Thursday, noon-3 p.m.; Friday, 3-6 p.m.; and Saturday, 3-6 p.m. The gallery is closed Sundays and Mondays.
For a complete schedule of Rockford College Art Gallery exhibits, see www.rockford.edu/?page=ArtGallery. For more information, call (815) 226-4100.
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue