- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Charlotte Hackin to discuss Stay Young to 100 at Tinker Nov. 14
From press release
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens has announced Charlotte Hackin, artist, author and former Rockford Park District commissioner, will present a “Book Talk” at Tinker Swiss at 2 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 14. Hackin will discuss her book, Stay Young to 100. Admission is free.
Stay Young to 100 shows one how to overcome personal problems so life will be wise, happy, fun, inspiring, healthy, loving and prosperous every day. The book is filled with personal experiences, wise sayings, useful exercises, organic diets and self-help steps.
Hackin is in her 90s and still going strong. Her grandmother lived to be 104. Hackin has devoted herself to helping people of all ages. She has been a teacher, TV host and life coach. At 81, she was elected as a Rockford Park District commissioner. She is a sought-after motivational speaker, and has appeared on TV stations from coast to coast.
For more information about Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens, an affiliate of the Rockford Park District and located at 411 Kent St., Rockford, visit the Tinker website at tinkercottage.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 964-2424.
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue