- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Community news and notes: Week of Nov. 10-16, 2010
The OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center’s recognition and retention committee selected the 2010 fourth-quarter winners of the Spirit of Service awards. The award winners have excelled in displaying actions above and beyond expectations. Staff and volunteers are nominated by peers for the awards. For the quarter ending Sept. 30, honorees were Tracy Shellhorn of Neuro/Burn for respect and dignity; Roger Williams of Housekeeping for stewardship; Stefanie Fleming of the OSF Center for Health Fitness for communication; Danny Picchioni of Plant Operations for safety; Sheri West of Palliative Care for team player; Claudia King of Clinical Lab Services for problem solving; and the GI Lab Department was named the Department Award winner for the quarter. … Jessi Lansford of Monroe Center, Alison Walter of Rockford and Rachel DeVries of Stillman Valley recently became independent consultants with Tastefully Simple Inc., a national direct-sales company featuring easy-to-prepare gourmet foods. The independent business owners offer food samples at home taste-testing parties. … Cheryl Bonte is the new director of Brightside Adult Day Service. Yvetta Yance also joined the staff of Lifescape Community Services as an information and assistance caseworker. Lifescape is a source for keeping older adults nutritionally healthy, independent, connected and informed.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue