- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Freeport’s Lindo Theatre to screen White Christmas Dec. 1
From press release
FREEPORT, Ill.—Enjoy the timeless holiday favorite White Christmas at 1:30 or 7 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 1, at the Lindo Theatre, 115 S. Chicago Ave., Freeport, Ill.
This is the “bonus” movie for the recent Western Classic Series hosted by the Lindo Theatre in partnership with the Stephenson County Historical Museum and Highland Community College.
Movie admission is $5 per person and complimentary for those who purchased the series tickets.
White Christmas tells the story of two World War II Army buddies, Bob Wallace (Bing Crosby) and Phil Davis (Danny Kaye), who team up to become a top song-and-dance act. Davis plays matchmaker and introduces Wallace to a pair of beautiful sisters (Rosemary Clooney and Verra-Ellen), who also have a song-and-dance act.
Wallace and Davis follow the girls to Vermont, only to find their former commanding general is the owner of the lodge where the girls are performing. A series of romantic mix-ups ensues as all the performers try to help the general save the lodge.
A brief introduction will be held before the movie and a discussion will be held immediately following led by Ed Finch, executive director of the Freeport Historical Museum, and Alan Wenzel, speech communications instructor at Highland Community College.
The program is designed to offer movie-goers the experience of viewing time-honored American film classics on the big screen, along with the opportunity to discuss various aspects of each film.
For tickets and additional information, call the Lindo Theatre at (815) 233-0413.
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue