- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Freeport’s Lindo Theatre to screen White Christmas Dec. 1
From press release
FREEPORT, Ill.—Enjoy the timeless holiday favorite White Christmas at 1:30 or 7 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 1, at the Lindo Theatre, 115 S. Chicago Ave., Freeport, Ill.
This is the “bonus” movie for the recent Western Classic Series hosted by the Lindo Theatre in partnership with the Stephenson County Historical Museum and Highland Community College.
Movie admission is $5 per person and complimentary for those who purchased the series tickets.
White Christmas tells the story of two World War II Army buddies, Bob Wallace (Bing Crosby) and Phil Davis (Danny Kaye), who team up to become a top song-and-dance act. Davis plays matchmaker and introduces Wallace to a pair of beautiful sisters (Rosemary Clooney and Verra-Ellen), who also have a song-and-dance act.
Wallace and Davis follow the girls to Vermont, only to find their former commanding general is the owner of the lodge where the girls are performing. A series of romantic mix-ups ensues as all the performers try to help the general save the lodge.
A brief introduction will be held before the movie and a discussion will be held immediately following led by Ed Finch, executive director of the Freeport Historical Museum, and Alan Wenzel, speech communications instructor at Highland Community College.
The program is designed to offer movie-goers the experience of viewing time-honored American film classics on the big screen, along with the opportunity to discuss various aspects of each film.
For tickets and additional information, call the Lindo Theatre at (815) 233-0413.
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue