- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
RAMI Awards no longer a popularity contest in their 20th year
Selection of winners shifts from general public to RAMI Association members
From press release
The Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Committee has announced some major changes to the RAMI Awards as it marks its 20th year of honoring the members of the local music community.
First and foremost among these changes will be shifting the responsibility for choosing the winners of most awards from the general public to the members of the RAMI Association. It has long been the intent of the RAMI Committee to eventually move the awards away from what is essentially a popularity contest toward a selection by peers. The committee believed the 20th anniversary seemed to be an appropriate time for this to happen.
This does not mean it is necessary to become a member of the RAMI Association to be nominated or to win an award, but members will be the only participants in the selection process.
The public will still be encouraged to vote in three categories: Favorite Band, Favorite Radio Station and Favorite Live Music Venue.
A committee composed primarily of Hall of Fame members will make the selections for what have been called the Critics’ Choice Awards. These include the Album, Song and Composer of the Year awards, as well as Community Service and Lifetime Achievement, etc.
Following are important upcoming RAMI dates:
→ Nominations—Nov. 1-Dec.31
→ Voting—Feb. 1-March 19, 2011
→ RAMI Benefit—Saturday, March 19, 2011
→ Youth Charity Jam—Saturday, March 26, 2011
→ RAMI Awards ceremony—Friday, April 29, 2011
Additional information, RAMI Organization membership forms and nomination forms are available online at ramiawards.com.
Comments may be sent to: RAMI Awards, P.O. Box 4128, Rockford, IL 61110; e-mailed to email@example.com; or by phone at (815) 847-8228 or (815) 546-3021.
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue