- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
To the Editor: Goodwill Industries says thank you!
Goodwill Industries would like to extend a sincere thank you to the hundreds of people who attended and/or contributed to our second annual “Share a Smile” fund-raiser, held Oct. 16. Through the generosity of those in attendance, and for those people who made a monetary pledge or donated items for our auction, we were able to raise $20,000 that will be used to fund two scholarship programs in honor of Jon Lundin and DoAnn Geiger.
Thank you to our partners: Anchor Packaging, Aramark, Associated Bank, The CG Group, Chicago-Rockford Int’l Airport, Clodius & Co., Cord Construction Co., Hanover Insurance, Hoffman Business Holdings, Holmstrom & Kennedy, PC, Kerry Americas, Marden Distributors, Inc., McClellan Blakemore Architects, Park Plaza Associates, Penguin Foods, Radisson Hotel, Riverside Community Bank, Rock River Disposal, Rock Road Companies, Rockford Preferred Insurance Services, Rogers Brothers, Sikich, LLP, Spectrum Insurance Agency, SwedishAmerican Health Systems, Ticomix, Wilson Marketing, Woodward Governor.
The generosity of these organizations will directly impact the lives of scholarship recipients.
Samuel J. Schmitz, President
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue