- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
To the Editor: Goodwill Industries says thank you!
Goodwill Industries would like to extend a sincere thank you to the hundreds of people who attended and/or contributed to our second annual “Share a Smile” fund-raiser, held Oct. 16. Through the generosity of those in attendance, and for those people who made a monetary pledge or donated items for our auction, we were able to raise $20,000 that will be used to fund two scholarship programs in honor of Jon Lundin and DoAnn Geiger.
Thank you to our partners: Anchor Packaging, Aramark, Associated Bank, The CG Group, Chicago-Rockford Int’l Airport, Clodius & Co., Cord Construction Co., Hanover Insurance, Hoffman Business Holdings, Holmstrom & Kennedy, PC, Kerry Americas, Marden Distributors, Inc., McClellan Blakemore Architects, Park Plaza Associates, Penguin Foods, Radisson Hotel, Riverside Community Bank, Rock River Disposal, Rock Road Companies, Rockford Preferred Insurance Services, Rogers Brothers, Sikich, LLP, Spectrum Insurance Agency, SwedishAmerican Health Systems, Ticomix, Wilson Marketing, Woodward Governor.
The generosity of these organizations will directly impact the lives of scholarship recipients.
Samuel J. Schmitz, President
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue