- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
To the Editor: Goodwill Industries says thank you!
Goodwill Industries would like to extend a sincere thank you to the hundreds of people who attended and/or contributed to our second annual “Share a Smile” fund-raiser, held Oct. 16. Through the generosity of those in attendance, and for those people who made a monetary pledge or donated items for our auction, we were able to raise $20,000 that will be used to fund two scholarship programs in honor of Jon Lundin and DoAnn Geiger.
Thank you to our partners: Anchor Packaging, Aramark, Associated Bank, The CG Group, Chicago-Rockford Int’l Airport, Clodius & Co., Cord Construction Co., Hanover Insurance, Hoffman Business Holdings, Holmstrom & Kennedy, PC, Kerry Americas, Marden Distributors, Inc., McClellan Blakemore Architects, Park Plaza Associates, Penguin Foods, Radisson Hotel, Riverside Community Bank, Rock River Disposal, Rock Road Companies, Rockford Preferred Insurance Services, Rogers Brothers, Sikich, LLP, Spectrum Insurance Agency, SwedishAmerican Health Systems, Ticomix, Wilson Marketing, Woodward Governor.
The generosity of these organizations will directly impact the lives of scholarship recipients.
Samuel J. Schmitz, President
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue