- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
To the Editor: Goodwill Industries says thank you!
Goodwill Industries would like to extend a sincere thank you to the hundreds of people who attended and/or contributed to our second annual “Share a Smile” fund-raiser, held Oct. 16. Through the generosity of those in attendance, and for those people who made a monetary pledge or donated items for our auction, we were able to raise $20,000 that will be used to fund two scholarship programs in honor of Jon Lundin and DoAnn Geiger.
Thank you to our partners: Anchor Packaging, Aramark, Associated Bank, The CG Group, Chicago-Rockford Int’l Airport, Clodius & Co., Cord Construction Co., Hanover Insurance, Hoffman Business Holdings, Holmstrom & Kennedy, PC, Kerry Americas, Marden Distributors, Inc., McClellan Blakemore Architects, Park Plaza Associates, Penguin Foods, Radisson Hotel, Riverside Community Bank, Rock River Disposal, Rock Road Companies, Rockford Preferred Insurance Services, Rogers Brothers, Sikich, LLP, Spectrum Insurance Agency, SwedishAmerican Health Systems, Ticomix, Wilson Marketing, Woodward Governor.
The generosity of these organizations will directly impact the lives of scholarship recipients.
Samuel J. Schmitz, President
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois
From the Nov. 10-16, 2010 issue