- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
To the Editor: Town Hall Meeting at RVC a good night for activists
The Moral Ground Town Hall Meeting at Rock Valley College was a good night for children, activists, green business owners, environmental educators, supporters of native landscapes and forest preserves, as well as anyone that catches their groove by spending time in nature. The evening was sponsored by the Four Rivers Environmental Coalition and featured Kathleen Dean Moore and Michael Nelson, authors of Moral Ground: Ethical Action for a Planet in Peril. The format for the gathering included reading essays which were a call to action for earth care-taking, music and discussion. A diverse audience of close to 200 participants responded to a dialogue on motivation and practical ways to express personal environmental ethic. Thank you to all that participated. Rockford boasts one of the most attended town hall events on the Moral Ground tour, so we can assume that we are on the brink of positive change.
Whether you attended or not, we can all find what we are passionate about and then just do it. If you would like to be involved with other like-minded citizens, contact Katie Townsend, Four Rivers Environmental Coalition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Four Rivers Environmental Coalition