- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
To the Editor: Town Hall Meeting at RVC a good night for activists
The Moral Ground Town Hall Meeting at Rock Valley College was a good night for children, activists, green business owners, environmental educators, supporters of native landscapes and forest preserves, as well as anyone that catches their groove by spending time in nature. The evening was sponsored by the Four Rivers Environmental Coalition and featured Kathleen Dean Moore and Michael Nelson, authors of Moral Ground: Ethical Action for a Planet in Peril. The format for the gathering included reading essays which were a call to action for earth care-taking, music and discussion. A diverse audience of close to 200 participants responded to a dialogue on motivation and practical ways to express personal environmental ethic. Thank you to all that participated. Rockford boasts one of the most attended town hall events on the Moral Ground tour, so we can assume that we are on the brink of positive change.
Whether you attended or not, we can all find what we are passionate about and then just do it. If you would like to be involved with other like-minded citizens, contact Katie Townsend, Four Rivers Environmental Coalition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Four Rivers Environmental Coalition