- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Benefit for baby Emma Jean Patterson
From press release
Emma Jean Patterson was born Aug. 20, 2010, at Rockford Memorial Hospital. Her parents are Ben and Cara Patterson.
Emma was born with a very rare genetic IQ Deletion Syndrome and a serious heart condition. She was moved to Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago the day after she was born and underwent a very lengthy open-heart surgery. Complications after surgery left her in very critical condition, but Emma is a real fighter, and her heart is healing. She will have other special needs as she grows older. Since her birth, Emma has been at Children’s Memorial, and her parents are hopeful she will be home by mid-November.
The family is asking for the community’s support to help with the medical bills, and Emma’s future medical needs. Please find it in your heart to help this young family in their time of need.
A pasta dinner benefit will be held Saturday, Nov. 20, at the Lyran Club, 1115 Fourth Ave. in Rockford from 2-7 p.m. There will be a silent auction, raffles and live musical entertainment by Broken Arrow. Admission to the benefit is $10, students $5. Cash donations may be made at Blackhawk Bank to: Pam J. Patterson/Emma Jean Benefit. If you have any questions, contact Ron Patterson at (815) 978-6739 or Pam Patterson at (815) 262-4145.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue