- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Benefit for baby Emma Jean Patterson
From press release
Emma Jean Patterson was born Aug. 20, 2010, at Rockford Memorial Hospital. Her parents are Ben and Cara Patterson.
Emma was born with a very rare genetic IQ Deletion Syndrome and a serious heart condition. She was moved to Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago the day after she was born and underwent a very lengthy open-heart surgery. Complications after surgery left her in very critical condition, but Emma is a real fighter, and her heart is healing. She will have other special needs as she grows older. Since her birth, Emma has been at Children’s Memorial, and her parents are hopeful she will be home by mid-November.
The family is asking for the community’s support to help with the medical bills, and Emma’s future medical needs. Please find it in your heart to help this young family in their time of need.
A pasta dinner benefit will be held Saturday, Nov. 20, at the Lyran Club, 1115 Fourth Ave. in Rockford from 2-7 p.m. There will be a silent auction, raffles and live musical entertainment by Broken Arrow. Admission to the benefit is $10, students $5. Cash donations may be made at Blackhawk Bank to: Pam J. Patterson/Emma Jean Benefit. If you have any questions, contact Ron Patterson at (815) 978-6739 or Pam Patterson at (815) 262-4145.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue