- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Community news and notes: Week of Nov. 17-23, 2010
John Miller recently joined the staff of Grace Funeral & Cremation Services as director of Advance Planning. Miller is a Rockford native and graduate of Boylan High School. He spent the last 35-plus years of his career in the sales industry, the last 12 of which were spent in media sales and management. … Jennifer Alvarez was named Regional First-Level Supervisor of the Year by the Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association (IHLA) for her work at Rockford’s Clock Tower Resort & Conference Center at the IHLA 2010 Stars of the Industry regional awards luncheon in October. Alvarez is a front-office supervisor. Statewide winners will be announced in December. … Mary Grimborg joined Ipsen Inc. as a marketing specialist. Grimborg will work with staff to create and implement integrated marketing strategies for their products and services. Ipsen designs and manufactures thermal processing systems for a variety of markets, including aerospace, medical, energy, chemical and automotive.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue