- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
Community news and notes: Week of Nov. 17-23, 2010
John Miller recently joined the staff of Grace Funeral & Cremation Services as director of Advance Planning. Miller is a Rockford native and graduate of Boylan High School. He spent the last 35-plus years of his career in the sales industry, the last 12 of which were spent in media sales and management. … Jennifer Alvarez was named Regional First-Level Supervisor of the Year by the Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association (IHLA) for her work at Rockford’s Clock Tower Resort & Conference Center at the IHLA 2010 Stars of the Industry regional awards luncheon in October. Alvarez is a front-office supervisor. Statewide winners will be announced in December. … Mary Grimborg joined Ipsen Inc. as a marketing specialist. Grimborg will work with staff to create and implement integrated marketing strategies for their products and services. Ipsen designs and manufactures thermal processing systems for a variety of markets, including aerospace, medical, energy, chemical and automotive.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue