- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Community news and notes: Week of Nov. 17-23, 2010
John Miller recently joined the staff of Grace Funeral & Cremation Services as director of Advance Planning. Miller is a Rockford native and graduate of Boylan High School. He spent the last 35-plus years of his career in the sales industry, the last 12 of which were spent in media sales and management. … Jennifer Alvarez was named Regional First-Level Supervisor of the Year by the Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association (IHLA) for her work at Rockford’s Clock Tower Resort & Conference Center at the IHLA 2010 Stars of the Industry regional awards luncheon in October. Alvarez is a front-office supervisor. Statewide winners will be announced in December. … Mary Grimborg joined Ipsen Inc. as a marketing specialist. Grimborg will work with staff to create and implement integrated marketing strategies for their products and services. Ipsen designs and manufactures thermal processing systems for a variety of markets, including aerospace, medical, energy, chemical and automotive.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue