- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
Community news and notes: Week of Nov. 17-23, 2010
John Miller recently joined the staff of Grace Funeral & Cremation Services as director of Advance Planning. Miller is a Rockford native and graduate of Boylan High School. He spent the last 35-plus years of his career in the sales industry, the last 12 of which were spent in media sales and management. … Jennifer Alvarez was named Regional First-Level Supervisor of the Year by the Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association (IHLA) for her work at Rockford’s Clock Tower Resort & Conference Center at the IHLA 2010 Stars of the Industry regional awards luncheon in October. Alvarez is a front-office supervisor. Statewide winners will be announced in December. … Mary Grimborg joined Ipsen Inc. as a marketing specialist. Grimborg will work with staff to create and implement integrated marketing strategies for their products and services. Ipsen designs and manufactures thermal processing systems for a variety of markets, including aerospace, medical, energy, chemical and automotive.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue