- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Community news and notes: Week of Nov. 17-23, 2010
John Miller recently joined the staff of Grace Funeral & Cremation Services as director of Advance Planning. Miller is a Rockford native and graduate of Boylan High School. He spent the last 35-plus years of his career in the sales industry, the last 12 of which were spent in media sales and management. … Jennifer Alvarez was named Regional First-Level Supervisor of the Year by the Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association (IHLA) for her work at Rockford’s Clock Tower Resort & Conference Center at the IHLA 2010 Stars of the Industry regional awards luncheon in October. Alvarez is a front-office supervisor. Statewide winners will be announced in December. … Mary Grimborg joined Ipsen Inc. as a marketing specialist. Grimborg will work with staff to create and implement integrated marketing strategies for their products and services. Ipsen designs and manufactures thermal processing systems for a variety of markets, including aerospace, medical, energy, chemical and automotive.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue