- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Ditka headlines ‘Bears Blitz’ event Jan. 28
From press release
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Chicago Bears’ championship season, and die-hard Bears fans looking for a great way to celebrate the anniversary need look no further. Organizers have announced the Third Annual Football Great “Bears Blitz” is returning to Rockford Jan. 28, 2011. This year’s event will be hosted at the Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center, and will feature several of the legendary members of the 1985-86 World Champion Chicago Bears including Head Coach Mike Ditka, Steve McMichael, Otis Wilson, Kevin Butler, Mike Richardson and Maury Buford.
The “Bears Blitz” this year will be a celebration of that magical season when the Bears’ defense dominated the league, a punky quarterback commanded the offense, Walter Payton inspired with his greatness, and “the Fridge” became a national phenomenon.
The banquet will feature a special surprise celebrity emcee who will host a large-screen video review of the 1986 Super Bowl, conduct in-depth discussions of the memorable season with the Bears greats, and a Q&A session with the fans.
Each ticket-holder will also receive a complimentary souvenir program and will get a one-on-one autograph from each of the legendary players and coach Ditka. A silent auction and 50/50 raffle will also be held, benefiting Shelter Care Ministries.
Doors for the event open at 6 p.m. with cocktails, and the dinner begins approximately 6:30 p.m.
To preserve intimacy and ensure only the most die-hard fans are in attendance, only 200 tickets will be available for the “Bears Blitz.” Tickets will go on sale at 11 a.m., Friday, Nov. 26, and are $150 each. Fans can purchase the tickets at the Tilted Kilt inside the Clock Tower Resort, online at tix.com or charge by phone at 800-595-4849.
Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center is at 7801 E. State St., Rockford. For more information about the Clock Tower Resort, call (815) 398-6000 or visit clocktowerresort.com.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue