- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Ditka headlines ‘Bears Blitz’ event Jan. 28
From press release
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Chicago Bears’ championship season, and die-hard Bears fans looking for a great way to celebrate the anniversary need look no further. Organizers have announced the Third Annual Football Great “Bears Blitz” is returning to Rockford Jan. 28, 2011. This year’s event will be hosted at the Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center, and will feature several of the legendary members of the 1985-86 World Champion Chicago Bears including Head Coach Mike Ditka, Steve McMichael, Otis Wilson, Kevin Butler, Mike Richardson and Maury Buford.
The “Bears Blitz” this year will be a celebration of that magical season when the Bears’ defense dominated the league, a punky quarterback commanded the offense, Walter Payton inspired with his greatness, and “the Fridge” became a national phenomenon.
The banquet will feature a special surprise celebrity emcee who will host a large-screen video review of the 1986 Super Bowl, conduct in-depth discussions of the memorable season with the Bears greats, and a Q&A session with the fans.
Each ticket-holder will also receive a complimentary souvenir program and will get a one-on-one autograph from each of the legendary players and coach Ditka. A silent auction and 50/50 raffle will also be held, benefiting Shelter Care Ministries.
Doors for the event open at 6 p.m. with cocktails, and the dinner begins approximately 6:30 p.m.
To preserve intimacy and ensure only the most die-hard fans are in attendance, only 200 tickets will be available for the “Bears Blitz.” Tickets will go on sale at 11 a.m., Friday, Nov. 26, and are $150 each. Fans can purchase the tickets at the Tilted Kilt inside the Clock Tower Resort, online at tix.com or charge by phone at 800-595-4849.
Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center is at 7801 E. State St., Rockford. For more information about the Clock Tower Resort, call (815) 398-6000 or visit clocktowerresort.com.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue