- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Edgebrook hosts Tree Lighting Ceremony and Open House Nov. 19-20
From press release
Edgebrook has scheduled its annual Tree Lighting Ceremony and Open House for 5-7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 19, and noon-4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 20. This is a free event.
The annual tree lighting will be at 6 p.m., Friday, Nov. 19. Live musical entertainment will be provided by Boylan High School at 5 p.m. and Lutheran High School at 6 p.m. Bella Luna Bakery will serve their Italian and Scandinavian goodies for you and your family to enjoy.
Santa will be at Edgebrook during the open house Saturday, visiting with children, while a few of his live reindeer join him from 1 to 3 p.m.
Bring a gift of at least one canned good to the Edgebrook management office prior to the event or on the night of the tree lighting to be placed under the tree Nov. 19, and automatically be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Edgebrook gift certificate. The winner’s name will be drawn and announced on 13-WREX-TV during their live weather remote at 6 p.m., Nov. 19.
Edgebrook is at 1639 N. Alpine Road. For more information, visit edgebrookshops.com or call (815) 226-0212.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue