- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Food Bank preps Holiday Meal Boxes
Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) has announced the start of its 11th consecutive Holiday Meal Box campaign. More than 500 volunteers will help as many as 27,000 families enjoy a nutritious and traditional meal this holiday season. Roughly 50 volunteers were at the 320 S. Avon St. branch in Rockford Saturday, Nov. 13, packing boxes for families in the Rockford area. Each box contains a turkey, dressing, vegetables and all the trimmings to feed a family (sampling of items pictured above). To donate, contact the NIFB Rockford branch at (815) 961-7283 or the main branch at (630) 443-6910. For more about the Food Bank, visit northernilfoodbank.org.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue