- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Food Bank preps Holiday Meal Boxes
Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) has announced the start of its 11th consecutive Holiday Meal Box campaign. More than 500 volunteers will help as many as 27,000 families enjoy a nutritious and traditional meal this holiday season. Roughly 50 volunteers were at the 320 S. Avon St. branch in Rockford Saturday, Nov. 13, packing boxes for families in the Rockford area. Each box contains a turkey, dressing, vegetables and all the trimmings to feed a family (sampling of items pictured above). To donate, contact the NIFB Rockford branch at (815) 961-7283 or the main branch at (630) 443-6910. For more about the Food Bank, visit northernilfoodbank.org.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue