- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Food Bank preps Holiday Meal Boxes
Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) has announced the start of its 11th consecutive Holiday Meal Box campaign. More than 500 volunteers will help as many as 27,000 families enjoy a nutritious and traditional meal this holiday season. Roughly 50 volunteers were at the 320 S. Avon St. branch in Rockford Saturday, Nov. 13, packing boxes for families in the Rockford area. Each box contains a turkey, dressing, vegetables and all the trimmings to feed a family (sampling of items pictured above). To donate, contact the NIFB Rockford branch at (815) 961-7283 or the main branch at (630) 443-6910. For more about the Food Bank, visit northernilfoodbank.org.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue