- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Food Bank preps Holiday Meal Boxes
Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) has announced the start of its 11th consecutive Holiday Meal Box campaign. More than 500 volunteers will help as many as 27,000 families enjoy a nutritious and traditional meal this holiday season. Roughly 50 volunteers were at the 320 S. Avon St. branch in Rockford Saturday, Nov. 13, packing boxes for families in the Rockford area. Each box contains a turkey, dressing, vegetables and all the trimmings to feed a family (sampling of items pictured above). To donate, contact the NIFB Rockford branch at (815) 961-7283 or the main branch at (630) 443-6910. For more about the Food Bank, visit northernilfoodbank.org.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue