- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
Food Bank preps Holiday Meal Boxes
Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) has announced the start of its 11th consecutive Holiday Meal Box campaign. More than 500 volunteers will help as many as 27,000 families enjoy a nutritious and traditional meal this holiday season. Roughly 50 volunteers were at the 320 S. Avon St. branch in Rockford Saturday, Nov. 13, packing boxes for families in the Rockford area. Each box contains a turkey, dressing, vegetables and all the trimmings to feed a family (sampling of items pictured above). To donate, contact the NIFB Rockford branch at (815) 961-7283 or the main branch at (630) 443-6910. For more about the Food Bank, visit northernilfoodbank.org.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue