- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Horticulture for the Holidays program
From press release
University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County is offering a special holiday program, Horticulture for the Holidays. Join U of I Extension from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 11, for a morning of education and hands-on workshops at the U of I Extension office, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
Tari Rowland, U of I Extension Master Gardener and Garden Historian, will deliver the keynote presentation, “Holly and the Ivy,” which illustrates the importance of the garden in the Victorian holiday home. A choice of two hands-on workshops follows. In Session I, participants can choose from creating a winter interest wreath or a Victorian garden journal, and in Session II, forcing spring bulbs or creating cranberry ornaments and tussie mussies.
The cost to attend Horticulture for the Holidays is $20 per person. Register online at www.extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call U of I Extension-Winnebago County at (815) 986-4357. Space is limited, so register early.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue