- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Horticulture for the Holidays program
From press release
University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County is offering a special holiday program, Horticulture for the Holidays. Join U of I Extension from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 11, for a morning of education and hands-on workshops at the U of I Extension office, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
Tari Rowland, U of I Extension Master Gardener and Garden Historian, will deliver the keynote presentation, “Holly and the Ivy,” which illustrates the importance of the garden in the Victorian holiday home. A choice of two hands-on workshops follows. In Session I, participants can choose from creating a winter interest wreath or a Victorian garden journal, and in Session II, forcing spring bulbs or creating cranberry ornaments and tussie mussies.
The cost to attend Horticulture for the Holidays is $20 per person. Register online at www.extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call U of I Extension-Winnebago County at (815) 986-4357. Space is limited, so register early.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue