- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Horticulture for the Holidays program
From press release
University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County is offering a special holiday program, Horticulture for the Holidays. Join U of I Extension from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 11, for a morning of education and hands-on workshops at the U of I Extension office, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
Tari Rowland, U of I Extension Master Gardener and Garden Historian, will deliver the keynote presentation, “Holly and the Ivy,” which illustrates the importance of the garden in the Victorian holiday home. A choice of two hands-on workshops follows. In Session I, participants can choose from creating a winter interest wreath or a Victorian garden journal, and in Session II, forcing spring bulbs or creating cranberry ornaments and tussie mussies.
The cost to attend Horticulture for the Holidays is $20 per person. Register online at www.extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call U of I Extension-Winnebago County at (815) 986-4357. Space is limited, so register early.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue