- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Horticulture for the Holidays program
From press release
University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County is offering a special holiday program, Horticulture for the Holidays. Join U of I Extension from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 11, for a morning of education and hands-on workshops at the U of I Extension office, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
Tari Rowland, U of I Extension Master Gardener and Garden Historian, will deliver the keynote presentation, “Holly and the Ivy,” which illustrates the importance of the garden in the Victorian holiday home. A choice of two hands-on workshops follows. In Session I, participants can choose from creating a winter interest wreath or a Victorian garden journal, and in Session II, forcing spring bulbs or creating cranberry ornaments and tussie mussies.
The cost to attend Horticulture for the Holidays is $20 per person. Register online at www.extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call U of I Extension-Winnebago County at (815) 986-4357. Space is limited, so register early.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue