- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Horticulture for the Holidays program
From press release
University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County is offering a special holiday program, Horticulture for the Holidays. Join U of I Extension from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 11, for a morning of education and hands-on workshops at the U of I Extension office, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
Tari Rowland, U of I Extension Master Gardener and Garden Historian, will deliver the keynote presentation, “Holly and the Ivy,” which illustrates the importance of the garden in the Victorian holiday home. A choice of two hands-on workshops follows. In Session I, participants can choose from creating a winter interest wreath or a Victorian garden journal, and in Session II, forcing spring bulbs or creating cranberry ornaments and tussie mussies.
The cost to attend Horticulture for the Holidays is $20 per person. Register online at www.extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call U of I Extension-Winnebago County at (815) 986-4357. Space is limited, so register early.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue