- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Sounds of Good News presents ‘Give Thanks!’ event Nov. 21
From press release
Sounds of Good News Productions (SOGN) cordially invites everyone to attend their annual “Give Thanks!” (a musical community celebration of Thanksgiving) at 6 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 21. Location is Central Christian Church, 6595 E. Guilford Road, Rockford, and the event is free to the public.
Come and enjoy an evening of “Songspiration,” historic facts, sing-alongs and praise testimonials. A special feature will be an “Attitude of Gratitude” message from Dianna Cole, SOGN business manager and director of education, founder and president of “Wisdom and You” (WAY Enterprises and “It’s ALL in Me” workshop).
Free-will donations will benefit the Young Eagles Success (YES) Club for character development and excellence for kids. This event is co-sponsored by St. Paul Lutheran Church and Central Christian Church.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue