- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Sounds of Good News presents ‘Give Thanks!’ event Nov. 21
From press release
Sounds of Good News Productions (SOGN) cordially invites everyone to attend their annual “Give Thanks!” (a musical community celebration of Thanksgiving) at 6 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 21. Location is Central Christian Church, 6595 E. Guilford Road, Rockford, and the event is free to the public.
Come and enjoy an evening of “Songspiration,” historic facts, sing-alongs and praise testimonials. A special feature will be an “Attitude of Gratitude” message from Dianna Cole, SOGN business manager and director of education, founder and president of “Wisdom and You” (WAY Enterprises and “It’s ALL in Me” workshop).
Free-will donations will benefit the Young Eagles Success (YES) Club for character development and excellence for kids. This event is co-sponsored by St. Paul Lutheran Church and Central Christian Church.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue