- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
The Haven Network offers memorial ornaments
The Haven Network, a local nonprofit organization for perinatal death and bereavement, is offering a unique way to remember lost loved ones. The holidays bring joyful festivities, which make winter a warmer season. For those families who have suffered the death of a loved one, however, this time of year can be difficult.
In memory of your loved one, The Haven Network gives you the chance to purchase a personalized 3-inch-by-2-inch pewter ornament with a white chiffon hanging ribbon. Orders received by Dec. 16 will be mailed in time for Christmas.
Ornaments are priced at $15 each. Make checks payable to The Haven Network, 124 N. Water St., Suite 030, Rockford, IL 61107.
Proceeds from the memorial ornaments will help fund The Healing Hearts Support Group, for families who have experienced the loss of a child through ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, stillbirth or early infant death.
There will no longer be a Memory Lights Ceremony. The Haven invites families to the Angel of Hope Candlelight Vigil at 6 p.m., Dec. 6, at the corner of East State and Water streets, Rockford. Refreshments will be provided after the ceremony in the Waterside Building just north of the statue. For more information, call The Haven Network at (815) 962-1512.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue