- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
The Haven Network offers memorial ornaments
The Haven Network, a local nonprofit organization for perinatal death and bereavement, is offering a unique way to remember lost loved ones. The holidays bring joyful festivities, which make winter a warmer season. For those families who have suffered the death of a loved one, however, this time of year can be difficult.
In memory of your loved one, The Haven Network gives you the chance to purchase a personalized 3-inch-by-2-inch pewter ornament with a white chiffon hanging ribbon. Orders received by Dec. 16 will be mailed in time for Christmas.
Ornaments are priced at $15 each. Make checks payable to The Haven Network, 124 N. Water St., Suite 030, Rockford, IL 61107.
Proceeds from the memorial ornaments will help fund The Healing Hearts Support Group, for families who have experienced the loss of a child through ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, stillbirth or early infant death.
There will no longer be a Memory Lights Ceremony. The Haven invites families to the Angel of Hope Candlelight Vigil at 6 p.m., Dec. 6, at the corner of East State and Water streets, Rockford. Refreshments will be provided after the ceremony in the Waterside Building just north of the statue. For more information, call The Haven Network at (815) 962-1512.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue