- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
The Haven Network offers memorial ornaments
The Haven Network, a local nonprofit organization for perinatal death and bereavement, is offering a unique way to remember lost loved ones. The holidays bring joyful festivities, which make winter a warmer season. For those families who have suffered the death of a loved one, however, this time of year can be difficult.
In memory of your loved one, The Haven Network gives you the chance to purchase a personalized 3-inch-by-2-inch pewter ornament with a white chiffon hanging ribbon. Orders received by Dec. 16 will be mailed in time for Christmas.
Ornaments are priced at $15 each. Make checks payable to The Haven Network, 124 N. Water St., Suite 030, Rockford, IL 61107.
Proceeds from the memorial ornaments will help fund The Healing Hearts Support Group, for families who have experienced the loss of a child through ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, stillbirth or early infant death.
There will no longer be a Memory Lights Ceremony. The Haven invites families to the Angel of Hope Candlelight Vigil at 6 p.m., Dec. 6, at the corner of East State and Water streets, Rockford. Refreshments will be provided after the ceremony in the Waterside Building just north of the statue. For more information, call The Haven Network at (815) 962-1512.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue