- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
The Haven Network offers memorial ornaments
The Haven Network, a local nonprofit organization for perinatal death and bereavement, is offering a unique way to remember lost loved ones. The holidays bring joyful festivities, which make winter a warmer season. For those families who have suffered the death of a loved one, however, this time of year can be difficult.
In memory of your loved one, The Haven Network gives you the chance to purchase a personalized 3-inch-by-2-inch pewter ornament with a white chiffon hanging ribbon. Orders received by Dec. 16 will be mailed in time for Christmas.
Ornaments are priced at $15 each. Make checks payable to The Haven Network, 124 N. Water St., Suite 030, Rockford, IL 61107.
Proceeds from the memorial ornaments will help fund The Healing Hearts Support Group, for families who have experienced the loss of a child through ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, stillbirth or early infant death.
There will no longer be a Memory Lights Ceremony. The Haven invites families to the Angel of Hope Candlelight Vigil at 6 p.m., Dec. 6, at the corner of East State and Water streets, Rockford. Refreshments will be provided after the ceremony in the Waterside Building just north of the statue. For more information, call The Haven Network at (815) 962-1512.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue