- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
To the Editor: IEPA needs to release findings
There was a 10-mile fish kill in McLean County, reported on Sept. 11. There was a purple discharge from a mega-dairy in Jo Daviess County on Oct. 1. The IEPA has not released any findings! Really, 10-mile? Purple? When will the IEPA release the findings? Why is it taking so long? Is it possible that an agency with a scientific basis has become political?
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue