- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
To the Editor: IEPA needs to release findings
There was a 10-mile fish kill in McLean County, reported on Sept. 11. There was a purple discharge from a mega-dairy in Jo Daviess County on Oct. 1. The IEPA has not released any findings! Really, 10-mile? Purple? When will the IEPA release the findings? Why is it taking so long? Is it possible that an agency with a scientific basis has become political?
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue