- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
To the Editor: Sosnowski correct
Rockford Ald. Joe Sosnowski made the correct decision to resign from the Rockford City Council in time to allow the voters of the 1st Ward an opportunity to choose their new alderman. We agree the voters need to be heard, and they should decide who respresents them for the next two years. Anyone interested in running for alderman as a Democrat should contact the Democratic Party for support.
For additional information, please contact Chairman Lewandowski at 1-815-968-7575.
Winnebago County Democratic Party and NICCC
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue