- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Win an energy-efficient furnace from Pearson on Facebook
From press release
Pearson, one of northern Illinois’ largest contractors for plumbing, heating and pest control services, is offering northern Illinois residents a chance to win a new residential furnace just in time for winter. Homeowners can post a photo of themselves next to their old, rusty, worn-down furnace on Pearson’s Facebook page. Pearson would also like a short description of why they need a new furnace (1-2 sentences at the most).
All photos posted by northern Illinois residents between Nov. 15 and Dec. 15 will be entered in a drawing to win a brand-new 95 percent efficient furnace valued at $3,000. The winner’s name will be posted on Pearson’s Facebook page at noon, Dec. 20.
From the Nov. 17-23, 2010 issue