- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Community news and notes: Week of Nov. 24-30, 2010
New faculty members at Rockford College this fall include Jan Figa, director of the Colman Library; James Marshall, biology; Nola Addante, nursing; Gary Green, economics/business/accounting; and Marcia Blascoe, director of the early-childhood education program. Barrett Bell joined the college as vice president of enrollment management. … Cynthia Smith, an Auburn High School graduate, was named general counsel for the Wisconsin Public Service Commission, an independent agency with responsibilities for regulating 1,100 public utilities in the state. The agency serves as an interface between energy producers, the government and the public. … Cristina Martinez of Rockford was promoted from designer to star designer with Celebrating Home. Martinez earned the promotion for her recruitment efforts, which increased the size of the designer team serving the Rockford area. The company offers wall decor, home accents, dining and entertainment pieces, and gourmet food.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue