- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Community news and notes: Week of Nov. 24-30, 2010
New faculty members at Rockford College this fall include Jan Figa, director of the Colman Library; James Marshall, biology; Nola Addante, nursing; Gary Green, economics/business/accounting; and Marcia Blascoe, director of the early-childhood education program. Barrett Bell joined the college as vice president of enrollment management. … Cynthia Smith, an Auburn High School graduate, was named general counsel for the Wisconsin Public Service Commission, an independent agency with responsibilities for regulating 1,100 public utilities in the state. The agency serves as an interface between energy producers, the government and the public. … Cristina Martinez of Rockford was promoted from designer to star designer with Celebrating Home. Martinez earned the promotion for her recruitment efforts, which increased the size of the designer team serving the Rockford area. The company offers wall decor, home accents, dining and entertainment pieces, and gourmet food.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue