- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
- Parks and recreation vital to a stronger Illinois, report shows
- Illinois home sales see slight gain in October
- Rockford Rescue Mission on the front lines of battling war on homelessness
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council’s annual meeting highlights tech revolution
- NIU’s Dan Gebo named ‘Illinois Professor of the Year’
Community news and notes: Week of Nov. 24-30, 2010
New faculty members at Rockford College this fall include Jan Figa, director of the Colman Library; James Marshall, biology; Nola Addante, nursing; Gary Green, economics/business/accounting; and Marcia Blascoe, director of the early-childhood education program. Barrett Bell joined the college as vice president of enrollment management. … Cynthia Smith, an Auburn High School graduate, was named general counsel for the Wisconsin Public Service Commission, an independent agency with responsibilities for regulating 1,100 public utilities in the state. The agency serves as an interface between energy producers, the government and the public. … Cristina Martinez of Rockford was promoted from designer to star designer with Celebrating Home. Martinez earned the promotion for her recruitment efforts, which increased the size of the designer team serving the Rockford area. The company offers wall decor, home accents, dining and entertainment pieces, and gourmet food.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue