- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Community news and notes: Week of Nov. 24-30, 2010
New faculty members at Rockford College this fall include Jan Figa, director of the Colman Library; James Marshall, biology; Nola Addante, nursing; Gary Green, economics/business/accounting; and Marcia Blascoe, director of the early-childhood education program. Barrett Bell joined the college as vice president of enrollment management. … Cynthia Smith, an Auburn High School graduate, was named general counsel for the Wisconsin Public Service Commission, an independent agency with responsibilities for regulating 1,100 public utilities in the state. The agency serves as an interface between energy producers, the government and the public. … Cristina Martinez of Rockford was promoted from designer to star designer with Celebrating Home. Martinez earned the promotion for her recruitment efforts, which increased the size of the designer team serving the Rockford area. The company offers wall decor, home accents, dining and entertainment pieces, and gourmet food.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue