- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Community news and notes: Week of Nov. 24-30, 2010
New faculty members at Rockford College this fall include Jan Figa, director of the Colman Library; James Marshall, biology; Nola Addante, nursing; Gary Green, economics/business/accounting; and Marcia Blascoe, director of the early-childhood education program. Barrett Bell joined the college as vice president of enrollment management. … Cynthia Smith, an Auburn High School graduate, was named general counsel for the Wisconsin Public Service Commission, an independent agency with responsibilities for regulating 1,100 public utilities in the state. The agency serves as an interface between energy producers, the government and the public. … Cristina Martinez of Rockford was promoted from designer to star designer with Celebrating Home. Martinez earned the promotion for her recruitment efforts, which increased the size of the designer team serving the Rockford area. The company offers wall decor, home accents, dining and entertainment pieces, and gourmet food.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue