- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Elite Defense Systems takes a stand against bullying
From press release
The Elite Defense Systems strengthens its campaign against all forms of bullying by revising its curriculum.
Bullying is linked with emotional disturbances among children. It is a situation wherein a child uses words to impose its power over other children. Aside from the traditional bullying forms, the information and communication technology is also being used for this purpose.
Experts say that other bullying amounts to torture for some kids. This is because with cyber bullying, children get bullied no matter where they are. The Elite Defense Systems not only teaches students how to act when bullied; they are also taught how to understand the act.
“With a master’s degree in psychology, I believe it my duty to make everyone aware of the implications of bullying. People don’t have to fight bullies using force; sometimes they only need to be understood,” says Matt Numrich, the owner and head instructor of EDS.
The Elite Defense Systems, 5695 Strathmoor Drive, Unit 2, was established in 1995 by Sifu Matt Numrich. Numrich is a certified Full Instructor of Jeet Kune Do and the Filipino Martial Arts by Sifu Paul Vunak (instructor for the Navy SEALS). At present, the school offers competitive and reality-based classes specifically designed for men, women and youth.
For more information, contact Numrich at matt@EliteJIKD.com or by calling (630) 837-7565.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue