- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Harlem Township Toys for Kids donations & sign-up
From press release
Last year, Harlem Township’s Eighth Annual Toys for Kids program served more than 230 children from 110 families. This was accomplished by the generosity of many businesses and individuals. Julie Aurand has again agreed to direct the Toys for Kids program for the 2010 Christmas season. If you would like to help, here are two ways:
1) Financial contributions
Checks should be made out and mailed to: Harlem Township Toys for Kids, 819 Melbourne Ave., Machesney Park, IL 61115
2) Bring NEW unwrapped toys for children ages infant to 15 years old during office hours from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday from now through Dec. 15 to: Harlem Township Offices, 819 Melbourne Ave., Machesney Park, IL 61115.
For families who live in Harlem Township or with children in the Harlem School District ages infant to 5 years old, the sign-up for this year’s Toys for Kids is Dec. 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 and 9 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Harlem Township, 819 Melbourne Ave. in Machesney Park. Bring a photo ID, Social Security cards for the children, proof of residency and proof of income. If you have any questions, contact Doug or Vickie, Monday through Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at (815) 633-9382.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue