- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Holiday Tree Lighting, Festival of Lights event Nov. 28
From press release
Gather family and friends for the sights, sounds, and fun of the holiday season to enjoy the free annual Holiday Tree Lighting hosted by Rockford Park District from 4 to 5:30 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 28, at Sinnissippi Park, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford. This is the second year at this location because of the construction of the Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens.
Festivities begin at 4 p.m. with free activities for kids, photos with Santa and friends until 5:15 p.m., and music by the Kantorei Singing Boys of Rockford until 5 p.m. Santa and friends will light the holiday tree at 5:30 p.m.
Treats and beverages will be available for purchase, with proceeds to benefit the Friends of Lockwood Park volunteer efforts.
Event parking will be available in Sinnissippi Park.
For more about the Rockford Park District community tree lighting, including accessibility for people with disabilities attending the event, call (815) 987-8800.
The 22nd annual presentation of the Festival of Lights will open at 6:30 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 28. The holiday light displays are created by local groups and businesses; the display hours are 5-10 p.m., Thursday-Sunday evenings, Dec. 2, 2010-Jan. 2, 2011. Letters for Santa can be dropped off at the “North Pole Express” mailbox through Dec. 17 (include a return address for Santa’s reply). Dec. 24, the festival will be open all night. Admission is free, donations are appreciated. Vote online for the best display at mystateline.com. For more information about Festival of Lights, visit rockfordfireandice.com or call Project First Rate at (815) 965-0768.
For more information, contact Sue Howard, Rockford Park District Arts & Events Program coordinator, at (815) 987-1603.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue