- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Jodi Beach CD release party set for Dec. 1
From press release
Jodi Beach, popular local and regional jazz singer and pianist, has announced the release of her fifth CD recording titled West of the Moon.
Accompanying Beach on the recording are her trio members: Jim McDowell, basses, guitars and percussion, and Ed Bogdonas, drums and percussion.
In addition to the trio, performances can be heard from Ken Stein (reeds), Mike Alongi (accordion), Tito Cevallos (percussion), Mike Beert (cello), Rachel Handlin (violin and viola) and Dave Hernandez (organ and electric piano).
West of the Moon features unique arrangements of traditional jazz ballads, swing songs and a contemporary Latin suite composed by McDowell. The CD will be available Dec. 2 at area retail locations and online at jodibeach.com.
A CD release party featuring a performance by the trio will be from 7 to 10 p.m. (trio plays at 8 p.m.), Wednesday, Dec. 1, at the Radisson Ballroom (200 S. Bell School Road). Admission is free and open to the public.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue