- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
- Halberstadt: Pet peeve: NFL should take action on long hair
- Meet John Doe: Illinois’ minimum wage ballot question will bring voters to the polls
- First case of Ebola confirmed in the United States
- Tech-Friendly: Bending iPhones and iOS 8.0.2 update
- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
Jodi Beach CD release party set for Dec. 1
From press release
Jodi Beach, popular local and regional jazz singer and pianist, has announced the release of her fifth CD recording titled West of the Moon.
Accompanying Beach on the recording are her trio members: Jim McDowell, basses, guitars and percussion, and Ed Bogdonas, drums and percussion.
In addition to the trio, performances can be heard from Ken Stein (reeds), Mike Alongi (accordion), Tito Cevallos (percussion), Mike Beert (cello), Rachel Handlin (violin and viola) and Dave Hernandez (organ and electric piano).
West of the Moon features unique arrangements of traditional jazz ballads, swing songs and a contemporary Latin suite composed by McDowell. The CD will be available Dec. 2 at area retail locations and online at jodibeach.com.
A CD release party featuring a performance by the trio will be from 7 to 10 p.m. (trio plays at 8 p.m.), Wednesday, Dec. 1, at the Radisson Ballroom (200 S. Bell School Road). Admission is free and open to the public.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue