- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Jodi Beach CD release party set for Dec. 1
From press release
Jodi Beach, popular local and regional jazz singer and pianist, has announced the release of her fifth CD recording titled West of the Moon.
Accompanying Beach on the recording are her trio members: Jim McDowell, basses, guitars and percussion, and Ed Bogdonas, drums and percussion.
In addition to the trio, performances can be heard from Ken Stein (reeds), Mike Alongi (accordion), Tito Cevallos (percussion), Mike Beert (cello), Rachel Handlin (violin and viola) and Dave Hernandez (organ and electric piano).
West of the Moon features unique arrangements of traditional jazz ballads, swing songs and a contemporary Latin suite composed by McDowell. The CD will be available Dec. 2 at area retail locations and online at jodibeach.com.
A CD release party featuring a performance by the trio will be from 7 to 10 p.m. (trio plays at 8 p.m.), Wednesday, Dec. 1, at the Radisson Ballroom (200 S. Bell School Road). Admission is free and open to the public.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue