- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Local musicians finalists in national Shake Weight jingle contest
From press release
Shake Weight—the revolutionary new way to shape and tone your arms, shoulders and chest—put out the call for a national jingle contest. The contest required participants to create a unique jingle for the product and a YouTube video to generate viral video views.
Local musicians Mike Garza and Ed Dulian answered the call. They prepared a jingle and video, then submitted it for the contest. The winner of the contest will receive $10,000 and, if the jingle is used by Shake Weight, the winner will win an additional $15,000.
When asked about the contest, Garza said: “We’ve had a great response so far. People seem to really dig our catchy jingle. Our YouTube video had the most views when the finalists were chosen, which was over 20,000. That was an awesome response! The contest is now in the final stages, and we need community support to help us win!”
If you would like to check out their video and vote for their jingle, visit the website www.shakeweightsong.com and vote for Entry No. 3—Michael Garza and Ed Dulian.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue