- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Local musicians finalists in national Shake Weight jingle contest
From press release
Shake Weight—the revolutionary new way to shape and tone your arms, shoulders and chest—put out the call for a national jingle contest. The contest required participants to create a unique jingle for the product and a YouTube video to generate viral video views.
Local musicians Mike Garza and Ed Dulian answered the call. They prepared a jingle and video, then submitted it for the contest. The winner of the contest will receive $10,000 and, if the jingle is used by Shake Weight, the winner will win an additional $15,000.
When asked about the contest, Garza said: “We’ve had a great response so far. People seem to really dig our catchy jingle. Our YouTube video had the most views when the finalists were chosen, which was over 20,000. That was an awesome response! The contest is now in the final stages, and we need community support to help us win!”
If you would like to check out their video and vote for their jingle, visit the website www.shakeweightsong.com and vote for Entry No. 3—Michael Garza and Ed Dulian.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue