- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Local musicians finalists in national Shake Weight jingle contest
From press release
Shake Weight—the revolutionary new way to shape and tone your arms, shoulders and chest—put out the call for a national jingle contest. The contest required participants to create a unique jingle for the product and a YouTube video to generate viral video views.
Local musicians Mike Garza and Ed Dulian answered the call. They prepared a jingle and video, then submitted it for the contest. The winner of the contest will receive $10,000 and, if the jingle is used by Shake Weight, the winner will win an additional $15,000.
When asked about the contest, Garza said: “We’ve had a great response so far. People seem to really dig our catchy jingle. Our YouTube video had the most views when the finalists were chosen, which was over 20,000. That was an awesome response! The contest is now in the final stages, and we need community support to help us win!”
If you would like to check out their video and vote for their jingle, visit the website www.shakeweightsong.com and vote for Entry No. 3—Michael Garza and Ed Dulian.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue