- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Local musicians finalists in national Shake Weight jingle contest
From press release
Shake Weight—the revolutionary new way to shape and tone your arms, shoulders and chest—put out the call for a national jingle contest. The contest required participants to create a unique jingle for the product and a YouTube video to generate viral video views.
Local musicians Mike Garza and Ed Dulian answered the call. They prepared a jingle and video, then submitted it for the contest. The winner of the contest will receive $10,000 and, if the jingle is used by Shake Weight, the winner will win an additional $15,000.
When asked about the contest, Garza said: “We’ve had a great response so far. People seem to really dig our catchy jingle. Our YouTube video had the most views when the finalists were chosen, which was over 20,000. That was an awesome response! The contest is now in the final stages, and we need community support to help us win!”
If you would like to check out their video and vote for their jingle, visit the website www.shakeweightsong.com and vote for Entry No. 3—Michael Garza and Ed Dulian.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue