- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Local musicians finalists in national Shake Weight jingle contest
From press release
Shake Weight—the revolutionary new way to shape and tone your arms, shoulders and chest—put out the call for a national jingle contest. The contest required participants to create a unique jingle for the product and a YouTube video to generate viral video views.
Local musicians Mike Garza and Ed Dulian answered the call. They prepared a jingle and video, then submitted it for the contest. The winner of the contest will receive $10,000 and, if the jingle is used by Shake Weight, the winner will win an additional $15,000.
When asked about the contest, Garza said: “We’ve had a great response so far. People seem to really dig our catchy jingle. Our YouTube video had the most views when the finalists were chosen, which was over 20,000. That was an awesome response! The contest is now in the final stages, and we need community support to help us win!”
If you would like to check out their video and vote for their jingle, visit the website www.shakeweightsong.com and vote for Entry No. 3—Michael Garza and Ed Dulian.
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue