- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
To the Editor: Save Land and Water Conservation Fund!
Many public lands and waters are threatened by development both within and outside their boundaries. The Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) protects these places, improving fish and wildlife habitat while giving all Americans better access to hiking, camping, fishing and hunting opportunities. Full funding of the LWCF will ensure that National Parks, Forests, National Wildlife Refuges and National Monuments are well protected for our children and grandchildren.
Over the years, Congress has reallocated $17 billion from the Land and Water Conservation Fund. Now is the time for the Senate to fix this injustice and fulfill the promise of LWCF by passing legislation to ensure full and permanent funding of $900 million each year. Go to https://secure.wilderness.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2189
More information is here: http://lwcfcoalition.org
The Wilderness Society
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue