- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
To the Editor: Save Land and Water Conservation Fund!
Many public lands and waters are threatened by development both within and outside their boundaries. The Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) protects these places, improving fish and wildlife habitat while giving all Americans better access to hiking, camping, fishing and hunting opportunities. Full funding of the LWCF will ensure that National Parks, Forests, National Wildlife Refuges and National Monuments are well protected for our children and grandchildren.
Over the years, Congress has reallocated $17 billion from the Land and Water Conservation Fund. Now is the time for the Senate to fix this injustice and fulfill the promise of LWCF by passing legislation to ensure full and permanent funding of $900 million each year. Go to https://secure.wilderness.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2189
More information is here: http://lwcfcoalition.org
The Wilderness Society
From the Nov. 24-30, 2010 issue