- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Community news and notes: Week of Dec. 1-7, 2010
Rockford veterinarian Dr. Julie Platt recently attended “Standard Process Veterinary Fundamentals,” a program emphasizing the fundamental value of whole food nutrition for small animals and horses. The program addressed why animals need whole food nutrition and how veterinarians can apply it in practical, proven ways. By learning alternative ways to optimize patient health and wellness, Dr. Platt can provide clients and their pets with a complementary or alternative option for health care. Dr. Platt is a 1992 graduate of Iowa State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, and she works at CherryVale Animal Clinic in Rockford. … Dana Bland, trip envelope specialist in the fuel and miles department at Landstar System Inc.’s Rockford service center, was named Employee of the Month for November. Bland was nominated for her professionalism and sincerity in dealing with customers and staff, and her thoroughness in her work. Landstar is a nonasset-based provider of integrated supply chain solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation, warehousing and logistics services. … Holli Connell was named facilities manager of Riverfront Museum Park. Connell will oversee Discovery Center Museum, Northern Public Radio, Rockford Art Museum, Rockford Dance Company and Rockford Symphony Orchestra in her new role.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue