- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Community news and notes: Week of Dec. 1-7, 2010
Rockford veterinarian Dr. Julie Platt recently attended “Standard Process Veterinary Fundamentals,” a program emphasizing the fundamental value of whole food nutrition for small animals and horses. The program addressed why animals need whole food nutrition and how veterinarians can apply it in practical, proven ways. By learning alternative ways to optimize patient health and wellness, Dr. Platt can provide clients and their pets with a complementary or alternative option for health care. Dr. Platt is a 1992 graduate of Iowa State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, and she works at CherryVale Animal Clinic in Rockford. … Dana Bland, trip envelope specialist in the fuel and miles department at Landstar System Inc.’s Rockford service center, was named Employee of the Month for November. Bland was nominated for her professionalism and sincerity in dealing with customers and staff, and her thoroughness in her work. Landstar is a nonasset-based provider of integrated supply chain solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation, warehousing and logistics services. … Holli Connell was named facilities manager of Riverfront Museum Park. Connell will oversee Discovery Center Museum, Northern Public Radio, Rockford Art Museum, Rockford Dance Company and Rockford Symphony Orchestra in her new role.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Dec. 1-7, 2010 issue